Tuesday, April 22, 2014

high on joy

Our family had a fun and eventful weekend. On Saturday our wee Baby T celebrated his first birthday. :) On Sunday we celebrated Easter and had a wonderful time. My morning began by getting some exciting news. :) I debated keeping it a secret for a time but finally decided to go ahead and shout it from the rooftops. During our family's Easter dinner I handed my teen son a plastic Easter egg. I told the children that they had missed one during our egg hunt and my son was going to open it now. Then I turned on the video recorder. With all sorts of suspense he opened the egg and found my silly drawing inside (my children's names hidden here for privacy) and read it aloud:




A cookie costs a dime,
A biscuit costs a nickel.
Come this December,
Our family is going to grow by one little pickle!


I have a habit of calling my children pickles all the time. It's probably my favorite word, so I just had to make a pickle poem! I am very early still and am praying for a nice, full term pregnancy. God willing, we will meet this new little one right at Christmastime! 

On an (even more) personal note, I expect this to be our very last little pickle as I'll be taking permanent birth control measures after this. This makes me sigh deeply, but it is right for us.

Have I mentioned lately how in awe I am that I get to live this life? :)

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful News! Happy first to Baby a special blessing too. Warm Blessings! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and the lil pickle in the making! S/he couldn't have chosen a more loving and fun family to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! (and about the other thing, we made that decision too, a couple years after our last and it was a difficult one to make but... you know when it's the right one to make :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, what wonderful news

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you so much everyone! Thanks for celebrating with me, and for all your kind words. Kim, it IS difficult! Geez I wish I were easier...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! How wonderful! May God bless you with a healthy, full term pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Praying for a healthy, full term pregnancy for you! I know you'll be embracing each moment!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I called my kids punkin' and I have a blogging friend who calls her kids "the beans". Whatever you call them, they are a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, baby is coming! I'm thrilled for you, we have been so busy and have wanted to talk with you ;) I've been catching up on your blog and I can't believe all the things that have happened in your life in just a couple of months! Praise The Lord your daughter is doing good. Thank you for the wonderful Christmas card, it really cheered me up. I will try to call you soon, my baby will be here in about a month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog for the first time via a link in your post on Mothering.com. I am so happy for your family and your new little pickle! I have very much enjoyed reading one of your 2011 posts about the joy of a big family...it really resonated with me, felt like I could have written it myself (I'm a homeschooling mom of 8). When you get a moment, would you mind emailing me? My hubby and I are seriously considering a big, life-changing move from the east coast to Idaho or Wyoming, and I would welcome any advice or insight you could give as a like-minded mama to a big family! Thank you so much!
    jen@broganelderlaw.com

    ReplyDelete